[ad#Adlinks Small Business]
In the last BOOKKEEPING MONEY-SAVING TIP # 13: Make Money With Your Website (Part 1), I discussed two ways that you can supplement your income with your business blog. As promised, here is another tip that anyone can do to make money with their business website. However, today I am only going to focus on one main money-making idea because it is such an important and valuable way to make money. It is your business blog. With a business blog, you are basically getting free advertising (for really only the cost of your time to write an article), you are creating a relationship with your customers (whether you know it or not), and you can build a community that will only help your business in the business world. Here’s why the Business Website Blog is so important:
Blogging: If you haven’t noticed lately, one of the biggest trends going on in businesses today is blogging. It seems like anyone and everyone has a blog, and even an eBook. There’s a reason for that. (In fact, there are multiple reasons for that.) It’s one of the cheapest ways to advertise and to build lasting relationships with your customers – and since you’ll want to save money on advertising…
Having said that, here are some of the most profitable reasons to add a blog to your website:
- Blogging is the Sharing of Free Information AND a Person/Company’s Personality: I don’t care what anyone says – Companies have personalities.Maybe that personality is to be “a Big Bad Corporation” or maybe “an Environmentally-Friendly Non-Profit.” Either way, there is a mission involved and a way that company has of sharing information. Blogging is the best way for any person or company to share their personality and information, while also educating a customer about the products they sell. It doesn’t necessarily matter what information you share or how you share it (i.e. words, podcasts, videos, etc.), so long as you share who YOU and your Company are in the process.
- Constant Blog Updates Lead to Lots of Traffic: New blog information should be added on average of once a week or more, which means the website is constantly changing. Since the website and blog are constantly changing, people have a reason to return to the website again and again, which reminds people that there are products to buy. Constant visits increase the likelihood of “Impulse Purchases, which obviously helps the company’s bottom line. (On the other hand, websites without blogs are only visited when people are looking for something in particular to buy, which can end up being “rarely.”)
- Lots of Traffic Leads to Popularity and New Customers: The more often people visit your blog, the more popular your site will become. The more popular your site, the higher your website will rank in a Search Engine’s Ranking List. That means when a customer searches for your product, you have a better chance of being the website that Google or Yahoo! recommends. The end result is that new customers will begin to visit your website as well, recommended both by your current customers, and the Search Engines. And thus…
- New Customers Leads to New Additional Sales.
- Finally, Customers Will Keep Coming Back: As crazy as this might sound, people want to buy from people they know and feel comfortable with. Even if they don’t buy from your website every time they visit, every blog you post cements you as an “Expert” in their mind, and someone they “just like.” Thus, they will come to you first when they need advice regarding your industry or when they need your products. Every blog – whether you make money right away or later – will lead to building customer relations and eventual sales.
Thus, if you haven’t started a business blog, you really need to consider it. Especially because a blog is the best way to bring traffic to your site again and again, and it will help you make even more money later on.
Come back next week as I talk a bit more about adding Google Adsense to your blog, and how to use it correctly.
Quick Note: In the month of September, I will be doing a very intense 30-day online workshop on How to Turn Anyone’s Business Blog into a Money-Making Blog. The intent is to teach people how to supplement their income no matter their industry. The cost is $20 for the online workshop, and everyone who joins will receive a $20 gift certificate to Elance.com so that they can hire help for any aspect of their business or website development.
If you would like to know more, you can click the “Workshop” tab above, or Click Here.
[ad#Adlinks Small Business]
[ad#Banner – Google Search Box]